Welcome to the Multi-FAMILY zone podcast, where business meets family. The hosts of the show, Julia and Gino Barbaro, have been married for over twenty years, and have six children.
Julia homeschools the children, and recently became a marriage and life coach to help couples become better communicators and help enrich their lives. The couple is constantly asked about how they balance their entrepreneurial & real estate journey while raising their kids. The Multi-FAMILY zone was created to address these questions, along with a host of questions from the Jake & Gino community.
In their first episode, they tackle the Spousal Stink Eye. The annoyed look a spouse receives when he or she picks up the phone during family time. We discuss how to confront and discuss the Stink Eye openly, and how to communicate with your spouse about whether or not you need to pick up the phone. The couple also discusses how to create boundaries, and how to share quality time together.
These are some of the questions that we answered on the show:
- What systems do you have in place to make sure you communicate effectively and avoid “talking shop” during family time?
- How do you encourage appreciation of each other and avoid comparing the time and effort you each contribute?
- What boundaries do you have in place regarding your business life and family life? How do you navigate differences in priorities and expectations for how you run your business without making it personal?
- What have you done to avoid a spousal relationship that feels more like employer/employee or coworkers?
- Do you have suggestions on how we can open up the communication so that both spouses can be on the same page? What are some great inquisitive questions that we can ask to dig down to the root of their concerns?
We would love to hear your story on how you avoid the Stink Eye!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment down below with any questions on family and business, and he will be sure to answer it on a show.