Julia and Gino share with the listeners what has helped them strengthen their relationship the past twenty plus years. And we know that Gino needed a LOT of help. But, he loved his wife and was willing to look at his shortcomings and become a better husband and father.
Some of Julia’s recommendations included:
- Choose to love each other even when you are struggling.
- Always answer the phone when your spouse is calling.
- Make time together a priority.
- Surround yourself with friends who will support your marriage.
- Make laughter the soundtrack of marriage.
- Marriage isn’t 50/50. Sometimes, one of the spouses has to pick up the slack.
The marriage outline includes Awareness, Vision, Assessment, and Obstacles. Questions that you need to ask yourself:
- Where am I now?
- Where do I think my spouse is now?
- What does our marriage look like?
- What needs to change in myself?
- What are we willing to start doing or give up to achieve this outcome?
- What is in the way of change?
- Am I being honest with myself?
We are all the authors of our lives, and we can write the script of a beautiful marriage, but we need to work on it daily. As Julia likes to say, a “perfect” marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.”