Welcome to the Multi-FAMILY zone podcast, where business meets family. The hosts of the show, Julia and Gino Barbaro, have been married for over twenty years, and have six children.
Julia homeschools the children, and recently became a marriage and life coach to help couples become better communicators and help enrich their lives. The couple is constantly asked about how they balance their entrepreneurial and real estate journey while raising their kids. The Multi-FAMILY zone was created to address these questions, along with a host of questions from the Jake and Gino community.
In this episode, Julia & Gino discuss what an empowering question is, how to ask an empowering question, and the benefits of incorporating these types of questions into your daily life.
An empowering question is a thought provoking, open ended, challenging question that allows a person to look for answers and new opportunities. Tony Robbins is famous for saying “Successful people ask better questions and as a result, they get better answers.”
The trinity of building rapport with someone is to employ:
- Empowering Questions
Coaches employ empowering questions to motivate and raise the consciousness of their clients. The object is to raise the client’s level of energy and then have the client face their problems from a position of higher energy and passion. The client will begin to realize options available to him that he didn’t notice when he was viewing them from a level of fear.
Here is a list of empowering questions for you to use:
- What do you love most about yourself?
- What do you do really well?
- What would you like to learn to do really, really well? What can you do today to begin?
- What gets you truly excited about life?
- When was the last time you did something for the very first time?
- What are your top 5 values? Are you (honestly!) living those values every day?
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
- What will your success look like?
- What has the fear of failure stopped you from doing?
- What one step could you take today to begin overcoming that fear?
- Do you have healthy boundaries or do you let people take advantage of you?
- What motivates you to do your very best?
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What are you waiting for?
- Who do you need to forgive?
- What self-limiting belief have you been clinging to? How would your life be better if you banished this belief?
- Right now, at this very moment, what do you want most? What are you going to do about it?
- What is the biggest obstacle that stands in the way of your happiness?
To enrich your relationships, become an active listener. Do not sit there waiting for your turn to speak. Actively listen to your partner and then respond. 20% of your action should be speaking, while 80% should be listening to your partner.
Remember, to be interesting, you need to be interested!
Click here to read our blog on Five Great Empowering Questions To Ask When You’re Stuck